Sunday, February 10, 2008

Reformed Theology: A Look at the Reformers

Much of church history, I'm afraid, has been overlooked when it comes to delving into modern theology today. In order for us to understand the roots of our beliefs and the sacrifices that were made in order to get us where we are at today, we have to study the history of the church, including the Reformation. Much of what we know today is a result of the studies made by the early church fathers and the reformers of their time. I wish to only discuss with my fellow believers how we can benefit from Reformed theology as well as church history in order to understand the church in the 21st century. I welcome your comments and thoughts about your beliefs concerning the beginnings of theology, not only in the European setting, but also as well the beginning of the American movement, with authors such as Jonathan Edwards, George Whitefield, and other giants who made it possible for us to be where we are at today. Feel welcome to share your feelings about such reformers as John Knox, John Calvin, Martin Luther, Ulrich Zwingli, and if you believe that it was only by coincidence that Reformed theology took place in regions throughout Europe all about the same time in church history. I will be posting more on this in the future, as I hear from my fellow servants in Christ.

Sola Scriptura!
Sola fide!
Sola gratia!
Solus Christus!
Soli Deo gloria!

These foundations are why we are where we are today. May God be glorified in all we attempt to achieve.

2 comments:

Stephen Thomas said...

Greetings. Welcome to blogging! I have updated my blog. Take a look at http://leovinus.blogspot.com
Yay!

Stephen Thomas said...

By the way, I must mention that if you get any readers to your blog, there are a lot of mean-spirited people on the internet and they love to leave comments. So you may get nasty remarks. Try not to take it personally. These people are mean for a living.